Thanks to Covid-19 all of our favorite fan conventions have been shutdown. No PAXes, E3s or Comic Cons of any type. The online conventions that people have been throwing are fine, but they have lacked any oomph. They have all been lacking in one way or another. The PS5 event lacked release dates, the Xbox events lacked a killer app, and the online Comic Cons have lacked cool announcements and star power. With Summer 2020 coming to a close, Warner Bros and DC have finally given us something to cheer about. I mean look at all the things they announced in one day!
- The Flash will fight along side Keaton’s Batman and be mentored by Affleck’s Batman
- A new Wonder Woman trailer
- WB Montreal is working on a Bat-Family game with the Court of Owls
- The Suicide Squad had a behind the scenes trailer and character role-call
- The Titans will be fighting the Red Hood. Also, the Titans still aren’t canceled
- Milestone Media will relaunch in 2021
- A new Snyder Cut Justice League trailer, and the movie/miniseries will be FOUR HOURS LONG
- The Black Adam movie will feature the JSA, and more importantly DOCTOR FATE
- Shazam 2 is now call Shazam: Fury of the Gods, and it may have Sinbad in it because that would be funny
- Rocksteady is making a game where the Suicide Squad has to kill the Justice League
- The Batman has a new trailer, and it is amazing
In fact, here is that trailer:
And that was all day one! Day two is in mid-September and will have more comic book and TV stuff. Warner Bros managed to make a day full of announcements worth watching, and I am not going to miss day two that is for sure. Which is not something I expected from a company that usually announces movies during earnings calls.
Hey, being locked inside is not fun, and Warner Bros gave us something to gawk at and cheer for, and I think that is something to applaud. Other media organizations should take note. This is how these events should be done. I hope we can get back to doing stuff in person next year, but I could get used events like this.